- Designed for ages 2 to 18 years old
- If you are interested in joining, please contact our Head Coach, Brogan, at 402.502.5879 or email email@example.com
- Participation in competitions is encouraged, but not required
- Tiny Climber Private Lessons Ages 2-7 years old
- (8) 30-minute lessons includes equipment
- Flexible scheduling by appointment!
- Combined Team Ages 7+
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:00p – 7:20p
- Sunday 11:00a – 12:20p
- We will open additional sessions once these are full
- Practice cancellations due to inclement weather will follow OPS closings (though the gym may still be open)
Approach Climbing Gym is officially sanctioned by the USA Climbing for youth.
Practice schedule: Team Approach sessions are 9 weeks each with two weeks off in between (shorter 6-week early summer session). Additionally, Practice will never be held during any Regionals event, including Approach competitions, or designated holidays. In addition, we want these schedules to work for you, so if you have a preference for practice times for the next season, please suggest it to the Head Coach.
Private Lessons may start at any time.
2022-2023 Climbing Team Seasons:
Late Summer: Aug 1st- Oct 2nd
Break: Oct 3rd- Oct 16th
Fall: Oct 17th- Dec 18th
Break: Dec 19th- Jan-8th
Winter: Jan 9th – Mar 12th
Break: Mar 13th- Mar 26th
Spring: Mar 27th- May 28th
Break: May 29th- Jun 4th
Early Summer: Jun 5th – Jul 16th
Break: Jul 17th – Jul 30th
Late Summer: Jul 31st – Oct 1st
Break: Oct 2nd- Oct 15th
Fall: Oct 16th – Dec 17th
Memberships to Approach: Your climber will receive a Membership for the duration of their Team registration. Memberships are not redeemable for cash nor can they be transferred to another person. Benefits of the memberships include unlimited access to the facility, access to weekly yoga classes, weight room, discounts on products sold at Approach, and invites to Members-Only events.
- Once/week = Membership for the participant
- Twice/week = Membership for the participant + 1 add on membership
Qualified instruction at competitions: our coaches will be present at USAC Midwest competitions where 4 or more kids are registered. We will post the season once USAC has posted details about 2021/2022 competitions.
Top rope belay and lead climbing classes: For those who are eligible, additional instructional classes will be provided during regularly scheduled practice to further each climber’s technical knowledge of climbing equipment. These classes are not only available to the climber, but also to the parent. We encourage you to actively participate!
Team Approach shirts: We encourage climbers to wear their team shirts to practices and are required to wear them at competitions. One team shirt is included with a team membership. Additional shirts and jackets (for parents or climbers) are available for purchase.
Discounted prices on private lessons: The cost of each hour of 1-on-1 instruction is $50/hour, a 40% discount off our standard private coaching rate. 1-on-1 instruction will allow coaches to explore the minutiae of climbing with your child in extreme detail. These are sold in (3) hour packages and can be broken down into 30-minute lessons (great for kids between 2 and 5 years old).
Our program is divided into three seasons to follow the USAC competition schedules. They include Sport/Speed (February thru May), Training (June thru September), and Bouldering (October thru January). Fees are billed monthly on the 10th of each month, and there is a two month minimum. You can join any time and will be auto enrolled monthly until you terminate your membership. We require 30 days notice to cancel.
- Tiny Climber Private Lessons (8) 30-minutes once per week $200/8
- Tiny Climber Memberships are $20/month when added to private lessons
- Team Practice Once per week $115/month
- Team Practice Twice per week $185/month
COMPETITION TEAM EXPECTATIONS
The following list identifies expectations for climbers, both inside our facility and at others. Disciplinary actions for infractions include verbal warnings, calisthenics, practice of appropriate technique, timeouts, and possible suspension from the team.
1) Arrive 15 minutes before practices and be ready to start on time.
2) Give 100% effort in warm-ups, climbing, and workouts.
3) Always use proper falling and belaying techniques.
4) Be a good listener and accept feedback.
5) Push your limits to re-establish personal boundaries.
6) Believe in yourself and build confidence – I can do it!