- Designed for ages 2 to 18 years old
- If you are interested in joining, call SJ at 402.502.5879
- Participation in competitions is encouraged, but not required
- Toddler Private Lessons Ages 2-5 years old
- (6) 30-minute lessons includes equipment
- Flexible scheduling by appointment!
- Tiny Climbers Ages 5-7 years old or new to our sport
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 3:00 – 3:45p, 4:00p – 4:45p
- Saturday, Sunday 8:30a – 9:15a, 3:30p – 4:15p
- JV Team Ages 8-12 years old
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5:00p – 6:20p
- Saturday, Sunday 9:30a – 10:50a, 12:30 – 1:50p, 2:00p – 3:20p
- Varsity Team Ages 13 years old and up
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:30p – 7:50p
- Saturday, Sunday 11:00a – 12:20p, 4:30p – 5:50p
- We will open additional sessions once these are full
- Practice cancellations due to inclement weather will follow OPS closings (though the gym may still be open)
Approach Climbing Gym is officially sanctioned by the USA Climbing for youth.
Practice schedule: Team Approach sessions are 9 weeks each with two weeks off in between (shorter 6-week summer session). Additionally, Practice will never be held during any Regionals event, including Approach competitions, or designated holidays. In addition, we want these schedules to work for you, so if you have a preference for practice times for the next season, please suggest it to the Head Coach.
The next session starts June 14 and runs thru August 1
Memberships to Approach: Your climber will receive a Membership for the duration of their Team registration. Memberships are not redeemable for cash nor can they be transferred to another person. Benefits of the memberships include unlimited access to the facility, access to weekly yoga and group fitness classes, weight room, discounts on products sold at Approach, and invites to Members-Only events.
- Once/week = Membership for the participant
- Twice/week = Membership for the participant + 1
Qualified instruction at competitions: our coaches will be present at USAC Midwest competitions where 4 or more kids are registered. We will post the season once USAC has posted details about 2020/2021 competitions.
Top rope belay and lead climbing classes: For those who are eligible, additional instructional classes will be provided during regularly scheduled practice to further each climber’s technical knowledge of climbing equipment. These classes are not only available to the climber, but also to the parent. We encourage you to actively participate!
Team Approach shirts: We encourage climbers to wear their team shirts to practices and are required to wear them at competitions. One team shirt per 16 week session is included. Additional shirts and jackets (for parents or climbers) are available for purchase.
Discounted prices on private lessons: The cost of each hour of 1-on-1 instruction is $50/hour, a 40% discount off our standard private coaching rate. 1-on-1 instruction will allow coaches to explore the minutiae of climbing with your child in extreme detail. These are sold in (3) hour packages and can be broken down into 30-minute lessons (great for kids between 2 and 5 years old).
Our program is divided into three seasons to follow the USAC competition schedules. They include Sport/Speed (February thru May), Training (June thru September), and Bouldering (October thru January). Fees are billed monthly on the 10th of each month, and there is a two month minimum. You can join any time and will be auto enrolled monthly until you terminate your membership. We require 30 days notice to cancel.
- Toddler Private Lessons (6) 30-minutes once per week $145/6
- Tiny Team Practice Once per week $95/month
- Tiny Team Practice Twice per week $155/month
- JV/Varsity Team Practice Once per week $115/month
- JV/Varsity Team Practice Twice per week $185/month
COMPETITION TEAM EXPECTATIONS
The following list identifies expectations for climbers, both inside our facility and at others. Disciplinary actions for infractions include verbal warnings, calisthenics, practice of appropriate technique, timeouts, and possible suspension from the team.
1) Arrive 15 minutes before practices and be ready to start on time.
2) Give 100% effort in warm-ups, climbing, and workouts.
3) Always use proper falling and belaying techniques.
4) Be a good listener and accept feedback.
5) Push your limits to re-establish personal boundaries.
6) Believe in yourself and build confidence – I can do it!